Ain’t nobody got time for resolutions!

I’ve always been a gal with a plan.

Go to uni, get a great job, settle down and have a family. Everything would fall into place.

What actually happened was I didn’t like studying, had a quarter-life crisis at 23 and have been taking a long look at myself since.

That was 2016. The year of self-observation and self-development.

Dramatics over, the truth is I have had no plan for a while and that scares me. It challenges the survival mode I have been in for 24 years.

Have you ever thought about what it is you really want to do with your one gorgeous life?

However to start getting it, I  moved myself into a space of ease. Ease in myself. Ease in my present circumstances. Opening up to vulnerability and trusting in life. Trust that it would show itself.

Two weeks later, it is starting to appear. The ideas.

1. I continue to grow my blog and my online presence.
  2. I will establish myself as a writer officially – how, I cannot tell you at the moment. But I am already taking the necessary action…!
  3. Work abroad a couple of months.. Where? I am not quite sure just yet.
  4. I will speak at a couple of events. I am committed to my cause for others fulfilling on a life they love.
  5. I will be launching #InspiredBy – more details to come soon.
  6. I will update you as I go along. The breakthroughs, the breakdowns, the adventures.

Truth is, I don’t have an exact image of what my life looks like, but who really does? I want to leave a little room for spontaneity.

My promise to you is that I will continue to be here, documenting my every move.

And the reason I’m sharing these now, is because I am working on them already. It’s all very easy to make resolutions, but will we stick to them? It’s like trying to start a diet or new regime on a Monday. Stop putting them off and just do it.

In writing this blog I hope you will take on being at ease and allow yourself some quiet to create your ideas, and also that I will be accountable for doing something by writing about it.

2016 was quite the clear out year, and now: 2017 awaits. And I sure want to make it one to remember!

Have you thought about what you want to achieve in 2017 yet?

Han x

Version 2

One thought on “Ain’t nobody got time for resolutions!

1. December 20, 2016 at 11:19 pm

This post, as vague as it is, is quite inspiring in itself. That’s a good question at the end and I would like to take time to think about it. Happy holidays.

• December 21, 2016 at 8:32 am

Hi Wanderer, the idea is that people can take what they want from it so I purposefully kept specifics out (but you can find them in previous blogs). Sadly I can’t talk about the upcoming projects yet. 😔
      I would love to know what you come up with! Merry Christmas!

• December 21, 2016 at 8:41 am

That was exactly my point 🙂
        Well its kind of scary for me to keep expectations from even myself. I have fear of failure, which prevents me from pursuing things. May be 2017 will be the year I face my fears.

• December 21, 2016 at 8:50 am

I completely get it and know so many who feel the same! I invite you to write about your fears – that helped me massively! You don’t even have to press upload but could help you get clear on them?
        How do you define failure? 🙂

• December 21, 2016 at 8:51 am

Unable meet the end goal or an expectation for me is failure.

• December 21, 2016 at 9:22 am

Can I offer my own definition? For me, failure is doing nothing/taking no action at all. Everything else is a learning curve. 🙂

• December 21, 2016 at 9:39 am

That is one way to look at it. Un-conditioning the mind and unlearning things takes a while I suppose.

• December 21, 2016 at 9:44 am

You got this!! Happy holidays!

• December 21, 2016 at 9:47 am